This is a strange period in my life.
I have more confidence in myself and have been feeling far less self loathing than I have in the past. I’m a really loving, capable person and have a lot of things going for me. I have the ability to do so many wonderful things with my life. It likely sounds strangely self deprecating to say that I’ve never felt better about myself than I do now but it’s true.
I’ve still been getting these bouts of debilitating depression. I don’t know why I experience them anymore. A year ago, I was having a lot of personal problems and it made sense. But now? Things are generally alright. I really have no complaints, objectively. I’m working to get through it. I’ve made the decision to get professional help in one way or another. I just want to be through with it. I want to be the happy, enthusiastic and productive person I know I’m capable of being.
I was having a morning. I could feel doom starting to kick in and my heart started to race. After a couple of days of feeling really quite good I was so afraid of feeling that sensation again. Just. Suffocating. I got on my bike and rode so fast to a second hand book store because Jesus Christ that seems to be my only salvation in these times.
I found a copy of Ivan Brunetti’s Schizo #4. It’s one of those oversized deals. 11x15. All small self contained one page strips. I already owned it but sat there and read a few pages and found myself laughing out loud a few times in a couple of short minutes. Some of these strips are just so sad. So depressing. So relateable. And goddamn are they funny. To me, anyway. It helped me so much in that moment. I bought the issue, brought it home, and cut it up. I put the above strip along with a few others on my wall.
This only seems significant to me in that there’s a reason I write and draw things about the more depressing aspects of my life. The expression of such things from other creators has helped me so much in conquering my own afflictions. It’s damn important.
Much love <3
- stomachknots likes this
- caderno-de-recortes reblogged this from fernanda-torquato
- fernanda-torquato reblogged this from jasonrbradshaw
- thingsthatfitinmyhand reblogged this from jasonrbradshaw
- thingsthatfitinmyhand likes this
- kidswithhummingbirdeyes likes this
- siighko likes this
- cubist-fart reblogged this from onechair-barbershop
- cubist-fart likes this
- onechair-barbershop reblogged this from jasonrbradshaw
- sheepslasher likes this
- pandamans likes this
- jorritkiel likes this
- whimsicalramblings likes this
- dogwithglasses said: guh, Jason, i love you and wish nothing short of the best for you. keep loving, keep fighting, you can do it.
- dogwithglasses likes this
- sunygao likes this
- pelollipop said: it’s so nice to hear you’re doing better! we’re on the same boat, keep going strong buddy! you can fight through it!
- qaaimgood likes this
- jaradgreene likes this
- jesseblues reblogged this from jasonrbradshaw
- arlu likes this
- slowbrow likes this
- fatvegantish likes this
- jahhdog likes this
- conditionnm reblogged this from jasonrbradshaw and added:
- yckmd likes this
- dakotafloyd likes this
- antonloves likes this
- gostumpygo likes this
- tepidsloth likes this
- hugbox likes this
- boumdraws likes this
- bentyecomics likes this
- funkyfest likes this
- sweetnothingsreviews likes this
- jasonrbradshaw posted this